The Department is the first in South India to introduce a Superspeciality Training Programme in Endocrinology (Diplomate of the National Board) in the year 2001.
We now admitting meritorious candidates for a 4year DM program in Endocrinology. Candidates who have completed their MD in General Medicine/ Paediatrics are welcome to apply.
Ph.D course was commenced in 1996 and the candidates were eligible for registering.
PhD in Medical Biotechnology (with specialization in Medical Genetics).
No of student intake per year : 3
In the year 2011, the Department started the first MCI certified course in Tamil Nadu for DM in Endocrinology. The course has a strong foundation considering the teaching and research experience of the Department for the last 25 years. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has confirmed permission for increase in seats in Endocrinology from 2 to 4 seats.
- Provide a comprehensive knowledge base to prepare the trainee to care for patients suffering from endocrine and metabolic diseases.
- To ensure exposure to a wide variety of patients suffering from diverse endocrine problems to give the candidate experience in diagnosing and treating patients suffering from disease in all areas of endocrinology.
- Provide a diverse experience through rotations in areas related to diagnostic procedures and imaging modalities used in endocrinology.
- Prepare the trainee in the art of interacting with patients, patient education and counselling.
- Prepare the trainee to continue his/her education throughout his/her life by giving him/her training in critically reading the medical literature, understanding medical informatics, medical economics, medical research methods, medical statistics, clinical decision-making, outcome assessment, health promotion, practice management and medico-legal issues.
- Introduce trainees to the principles of clinical research, and prepare them to analyse data, write investigative protocols and collect data in a scientific, organized manner.
Eligibility / Course Duration
- à Eligibility: MD / DNB (General Medicine / Paediatrics) degree obtained within the last five years as per University / MCI regulations
- à Duration: 3 years
- à Number of candidates: 5 candidates per year.
- à Method of selection: Provision for admissions through NEET-SS
Post Doctoral Fellowship in Diabetology course
The necessity to train a stream of fellows exclusively for diabetes has been recognized and a 1-year in-house training programme offered as a post-doctoral fellowship in diabetes for post MD.
- Eligibility: MD / DNB (General Medicine).
- Duration: 1year for Post Doctoral Fellowship Course.
- Number of candidates: 2 candidates per year.